Brown Cup Scottish School Sailing Privacy
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you enter a race or training event.
We may also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Your school where consent is provided.
We use the information that you have given us in order to arrange sailing coaching and racing.
This information is ultimately controlled by Loch Earn Sailing Club. Results will be publicised. Please advise us by email if you do not want the sailors name and / or school result published on our website or other press.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Your Consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored through our third-party booking system who are responsible for their own GDPR. You can delete your account with this third party organisation through following their instructions.
LESC will retain your booking information for 14 months. We will then dispose your information by deleting the contact forms.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate.
- You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us in the first instance at Brown Cup Scottish School Sailing c/o Loch Earn Sailing Club.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we respond.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk